I am 33 weeks pregnant and have only gained 4 lbs. Is this normal?

I was a little overweight at 167lbs. Today at Dr's visit I am 159.
I stayed sick alot with nausea and vomitting.

abc123115

Asked by abc123115 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well if the doctor never as had concerned then you're alright.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• what does your OB say about it? no it is not normal.....your baby and water should weigh more than that alone....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i have no idea... I keep loosing weight and my doctor says it is fine, so I would imagine only gaining a small amount is fine, especially if your doctor has not said anything about it. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I gained 8pounds with my last baby. I was overweight and because of that the doc said it was okan and she was healthy....ask the ob...when you are overweight you don't always gain as much
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• no its doesnt sound normal at 33 weeks ur baby should wiegh more than 4 lbs what did the doc say about it? i mean ive seen the showes i didnt know iw as pregnant and those women said they only gained a few pounds so not sure . just have to go by what ur doc has said .. i gained 42 w. both my kids
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Just because you dont gain weight does not mean that the baby is not gaining the weight. With my youngest daughter I gained 1 pound my entire pregnancy. They did ultrasounds and it showed that she was gaining weight. You could be losing weight because of the nausea but the baby could still be gaining it. I was 195 before pregnancy 196 day of delivery and 177 a week later.
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 8:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Often if the mother is overweight before conceiving, she will LOSE weight throughout the pregnancy instead of gaining at all. Just because you're not gaining, doesn't mean that your baby is not healthy - trust me, your doctor would have told you by now if something was wrong. :) As long as your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be concerned at all. You may even leave the hospital with a healthy baby, weighing less than you did pre-pregnancy!
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ts fine if you start out overweight.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• *Its
    Melbornj

• Express your concerns with you OB. Only he/she will know your medical history and can answer this question correctly.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011