Here's an update on the back pain.. i need some more suggestions asap.

So, i just found out the route to my hospital has a car pile up accident.. I've been having back pains that are unusually painful not like normal back pain. I've had a few little period like cramps. Some with a tiny bit of pelvic bone pain. Most not with the pressure. My baby is still moving, just not as often. And sometimes when he moves or my belly feels tight my mid back will hurt. Most of the back pain has been lower back pain but it's traveling to my mid back now. Does anyone think this is true labor? I'm 38 weeks 2 days pregnant. And do you have to feel pressure to be in actual labor?

Immediate answers would be great.. As well as adding me and talking to me on IM so i can respond faster and feel more confirmed.

Thank you so much !

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are they coming at regular intervals yet? What were you at at your last appointment? Don't get yourself worked up, If your concerned call your hospital and ask to speak to the ob nurses, they will be able to answer any of your questions a lot better
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm having a like constant pelvic discomfort couldn't say pain. But my tummy feels like it gets super hard, but i can't tell if its just how he's positioned.. And it comes for about 10 minutes, goes away at like 10 minutes. And come backs. I'm not having like any pressure down there.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Some women confuse pressure and pain, that's what my ob told me at least. Sounds like your in the beginning stages of labor!! Wait until they are every 3-5 minutes apart then head to the hospital. I had contractions every 7-10 mins for over 24 hrs..... GL!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My biggest fears when having babies was not knowing when I would go into labor. Or thinking I was in labor and being sent home. My first son came 5 days early with my water breaking to start contraction. (I didn't think he was ever going to come) My 2nd son I had BH starting at 5 months so I cried at the end because I had contraction every day, when was I to know they were the real deal?

I went in 2 wks early, my contractions were 5 minutes apart and 1.5 minutes in length regularly, (normal for me) but what set these contractions apart from all the rest was that I was having extreme downward pressure with each contractions. My dr was great and kept me over night even though I was only 2 cm dilated. He told me in the morning he would start patosin and get my labor progressing. It was his day off so he said lets have a baby.

If you ever have concerns on whether you should go in, call your OB they will help. Good Luck!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011