My baby is 9 yrs old.

I was wondering at what age is it ok for a kid to be alone for abit, my son is 9 yrs old, and he sometimes doesnt want to go to the store with me, he goes anyway but I was curious about what others thought about it? And my son knows not to open the door and things like that and when I mean abit I mean maybe an hour at the most, thanks for any input.

Army108th

Asked by Army108th at 7:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depends on what your laws are in your city/state. Most states it is like 12 to stay at home alone.

Answer by louise2 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think in some states its illegal to leave a child alone without another child that is 14 or 12 in some instances. I would not leave a child alone that young, just couldn't personally.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Lol at the person voting me down. Where I live the law is 12. If any nosy neighbor decides to rat you out you can face legal issues, cps etc so okkkkkkkkk people do not like reality, not my fault. Damn this site.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have a 9 yr old and I guess it depends on your child and the area you live but me personally ..I won't leave him home until he is around 12 or so..
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 8:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011