Immature husbands?

Does anyone else feel like their husband or SO is immature? Sometimes it really baffles me how immature mine can be one minute and a mature guy the next minute. Sometimes he will do everything he can to piss me off, because he knows how, and other times he's just right there and willing to help out and we get along awesome. It could just be me, but I don't know. I'm not saying I don't have mood swings sometimes, but I just wish that he was more mature all the time. He always says that he doesn't have to act like an adult all the time, because that's not fun. He is one of those guys that can walk into a room and kids just flock to him, because he will get down on the floor and do everything they want him to do. I'm just over it at some points and want him to act like a grown up and help me parent, not make parenting more difficult.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Mine is immature most of the time, I feel like I have a 3rd child to take care of.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think this is just a guy thing. Most nights I feel like I have 4 kids to settle down before bed time and it is because as soon as I say bed time he get them going! But I love him and will keep him anyway :)
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I totally understand. I asked my SO to get checked for bi-polar disorder. no joke he can switch from acting 35 to 11 in a matter of minutes. Stay Strong
    AquariusOne

Answer by AquariusOne at 8:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think bi-polar could be a possibility. Or anger management. He just switches moods so quickly. I am seeking counseling for personal issues such as anxiety, and my therapist definitely thinks that he needs anger management. Him and I have spoken about it before, and have spoken about him coming to counseling with me. He hasn't objected to going but we just have not got around to it. I think I should get him to come to a session with me, before I marry him. I know that I love him, but I just don't want to have to deal with this for the rest of my life. It leaves me on the edge of my seat, never knowing what to expect and makes me feel anxious. I hate the feeling, and it isn't really easy to explain. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping I can get through to him somehow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• counseling can be helpful only if both parties take it seriously.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My ex was this was thats why he is my ex! My new husband is 12 years older and acts the way a man really should he treats me like a princess and treats my.son better that his own dad who hasnt seen him in 6 years. He is really great and I am so lucky to have him
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011