Honeymoon ideas?

My fiance and I are getting married June 18, 2011. We are trying to decide on a honeymoon. My idea of a honeymoon would be spent on a beach somewhere drinking fruity drinks and doing nothing but tanning and shopping, and getting massages. My fiance, on the other hand, would rather go to Europe or some place like that. While I want to see Europe one day, I don't want to do that for my honeymoon, because I feel like I would be on an educational field trip or something and not doing something I find enjoyable.
Anyway, I want to find something affordable that we both can agree on. I would like to go somewhere where there is a night life and where it is romantic, and so forth. Any suggestions?

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 8:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Travel

• Have you considered going on a cruise? There is a little something for everyone on a cruise, and if you look hard enough you can find one with a stop-off near a place your fiance would like to visit. You have the option of doing things with other people, or staying in your room all day.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hawaii is beautiful and their is plenty to do there
    mandy628

Answer by mandy628 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would check into a European cruise. They all have at least one day "at sea" where you can lounge and relax. Then you can shop or see things in the port cities or relax more. They offer a ton to do or you can do nothing at all.

DH and I went on a Mediterranean cruise out of Lisbon for our honeymoon. It was great.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• sounds like this could be a problem in the futer too when you are looking into a vacation. better decide now-
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Secrets Resort and Spa: http://www.secretsresorts.com/

There are a variety of locations to choose from. My husband and I have been to 4 and loved them all.
    It's all-inclusive and all adults and ultra luxury ( food, drinks,entertainment, all suites included). Great value for your dollar.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2011