Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

For people who have dealt with no contact orders...

I am sure you all know that I have been dealing with DV for the last 3 years... He finally got arrested Sunday. We now have a no contact order. He has been texting my brother and had his grandmother called me to say "he misses his son and wants to see him. "
From what I understand he isn't allowed to contact me through a 3rd party or see my son until we go to court.
Am I wrong? I'm not trying to be a b*tch and get him arrested but I can't deal with this... He is adding more stress to the situation and I just can do it... This is already hard enough.

Answer Question

Asked by June_Mama09 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Nope, not even through a 3rd party. IF you can prove that they were acting solely on his behalf, it is punishable. No, you are not supposed to have contact with him, including visitation with minor children- unless it is explicitly court ordered.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • No contact orders generally, explicitly say NOT through a third person or means. Enforce it. You aren't being a bitch, you're protecting yourself and your child from a predator.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • I have her number in my phone, his texts in my brothers phone and he is staying with her. Does this make me a bad person if I call the police?
    Everytime I hear my neighbors I get scared because I think it's him, I don't want him around me because he uses my child as a pawn and tries to use him to hurt me

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • I have dealt with an abusive ex and a no contact order as well as all the court drama. Its been 5 yrs but I assume it is the same. He is not allowed ANY contact with you at all. Report and document everything he does and says if it effects you at all and be sure to show it to the court and let them see any addional police reports you file. Let the court/police know how much you fear him for the safty of your child and yourself. I know how you feel but be brave. And your not being a bitch. Your doin the right thing by reporting it. Its documented.

    Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • I dealt with this I tried to play nice at first he followed me to work like on my bumper he called me non stop he kept ringing the bell and running away like a child I was sick of being terrifized I also had a kid but he was being caught up in the middle of this. I had another warrantt put out on him we had to go to court and this time the judge did not play around because my ex slippied up and threatend me in court he was told if he was caught by any means near me he would spend 7 years in the federal penetentary. We were told how we could arrange custudy but I had full custudy-I gave him the benefit he ended up messing up my son will be 11 soon hasny seen his dad in like 6 years -dads choice he rarley pays support but we are both better off. I am remarried to a wonderful; man that treats my son better than his real dad ever did.

    Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011


    when you go back to court, (You save all his crap)......

    Show the JUDGE !!! TELL the judge ......



    Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Immature husbands?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
4 days b4 period & spotting. adult content