Any helpful tips on a ''new you'' ?

Tomorrow i'm starting a diet, i'm determined to make a new me, better myself for me and my kids! (and to show my ex what he missed out on HEHE)

Any tips? Like eating your favorite food but in moderation. What about gym tips... or when you feel like eating junk food, or when u just ate and still hungry LOL! i'm DETERMINED!!!!! I GOT 6 WEEKS!!!!

or even tips about FAST WEIGHT LOSS will help too =) thanks ladies!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My best tip is gum. After you are done with your sensible meal, pop in a stick of gum. it will help keep you from going for a cookie or two after dinner.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Good luck!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wish you all the luck. I started trying to lose weight 3 weeks ago. I am staying motivated by keeping my eye on the prize. I have set very small goals like 3-4 pounds a month. I have cut out all the junk and I am eating more healthy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• coala - yay! good for you. i hope i can stay motivated, especially for my kids!!!!!! goodluck momma!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• well what u can do is look up the mayo clinic diet and it works.its for bypass surgery patients. good luck .
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 11:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I've been eating clean, and I feel fantastic! I don't crave junk food anymore, and I don't have to starve myself to lose weight. Here's a link to my journal post with the basics http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1633959/What_is_Clean_Eating
    It's really awesome, I must say! I've now lost 42 lbs, and I feel better than I have in years! I'm also working out 5-6 days a weeks, which helps keep my energy revved up.
    May I suggest you write out your reasons for wanting to get fit and healthy, and post them where you can read them every morning, and every time you start to lose steam (because you WILL lose steam along the way, and you have to find ways to push through). You CAN do this. Don't do a crash diet, don't take pills, just make healthy choices, learn about portion control, eat breakfast and small meals throughout the day, and exercise. Make it a priority. It's important, and worth while!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Fast weight loss won't work. You'll gain it back, plus more. Doing it to "show the ex what he missed out on" won't work either...you have to do it for ALL the right reasons. It has to be a physical want and need for the person who has to lose the weight.

Don't buy junk food. If it's not in the house, it's harder to get your hands on it. When you eat and are still hungry, drink a large glass of water and do 25 situps or pushups or jumping jacks...anything ACTIVE.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2011