What is Your Best Advice?

For sticking to a diet...what do you do to remind yourself to eat right and stay fit?

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 8:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know that the habits I have now will be passed along to my son. I want him to grow up understanding what a healthy lifestyle is. I've never dieted, but eat well and stay active.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have just started working out and cutting out the junk. I wan to be thinner and feel better about my self and as well as just being healthy. So I just remind myself that I want to be healthier.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Give yourself small non-food related rewards along the way.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It has to be a permanent lifestyle change. I'm eating clean, and I love it. I feel fantastic! It's all about learning portion sizes, eating small, frequent meals, and cutting out refined carbs and sugars. I have a journal with the basics, if you'd like to know.
    Another very successful technique is to write down everything (even the little taste you took while cooking dinner). Measure to get accurate assessments. It makes you very aware of what you're eating.
    Remind yourself WHY you choose to eat healthy. List out your reasons, then post them somewhere visible and READ them every day. You WILL lose steam along the way, and you'll need a reminder of why you need to stay on track. You DESERVE to be healthy. You DESERVE nutritious foods. You DESERVE to feel amazing!! And YOU CAN DO IT!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Look at a picture of you at your worst. If you are there now then take a naked picture. Know you never want to look like that again so you follow through.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I just try to add more veggies to our meals
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My first advice would be: DON'T diet. They don't work.

Second, I'd advise someone to see a nutritionist and learn the correct way to eat...how to keep metabolism up by eating the proper portion sizes and combinations of food.

Lastly, I'd have them get a picture that they absolutely LOVE of themselves at a smaller weight...and ask them to remember how good it felt to be a healthier weight....tape it to the fridge....and look at that picture for at least a full minute every single time you went to take something out of the fridge.

*nod*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree w/ mainemusicmaker.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• we just onl give ourselves healthy options. we don't have junk foods in the house, all snacks are healthy fruits and veggies, i cook healthy meals... and to stay "active" i park in the furthest spot from wherever I am going, we walk, we play, we dance...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• how I feel is a great motivator!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011