Is it narmal for my 2ye. old to be acting this way?

Is it normal for my 2 yr. old to be acting like a little baby. He does whatever his little sister does; crawling,wanting a baby bottle,won't verbalize what he wants, wanting to be held all the time, crying, etc. He wont share what so ever with her, he hits a bits her. Am just having a really hard time with him right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's very normal when they get a new sibling to act this way. What I've done with mine when new little ones come along is properly get them involved in the process. Show him he's special because he's the older brother. Get him to help you bathe her and bring her things and be a big boy and show him that she needs him.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• He may want attention my son went through this also i just started including say thing like can mommys big boy help make/do this things like that when he acts like a baby tell him you dont understand baby talk get up and act like a big boy
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• actually since he has a younger sister than yes, he sounds alittle jealous, he is still a "baby" himself ( i think of toddlers as babies still) and he just wants your attention. Make sure you take alittle extra time for him, read him a story, take him to the park, something without his little sister. It will get better over time. no worries
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes! I would give him task to do to make him feel special or needed. Like can you bring mommy a diaper? thank you! You are such a great big brother!
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You already have some good answers but I wanted to tell you good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think he is just seeking attention! Nothing wrong with that. I wish you the best of luck hun!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thank you all so much! You all have great advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old, and go through it every day!! either he wants to cry when she cries, or he wants to snatch whatever she has..shes learning to pull her self up and he wants to snatch her hands down! Then doesnt understand why he gets in trouble! I try to give him special attention. He is great with her most of the time..he will follow her, or call her name so she crawls to him and they play and laugh! He does anything he can to make her laugh! But boy when we have bad days they are horrible EXHAUSTING days!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011