Feeding your family on a VERY LOW BUDGET!

Ok Ladies....I know we've all had to do it....(well most of us) What do you do when all you have is ten dollars and need to feed a family of three dinner for two days? Let me know what you come up with?

makalahlove

Asked by makalahlove at 2:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Grab some macaroni a jar of tomato juice and a small thing of burger for goulash one night. and then grab some pacake mix and syrup for the next nights meal.. My kids 2 favorite meals.. maybe cause we had them a lot when they were little..lol
    jackieb1023

Answer by jackieb1023 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• .99c store or dollar tree... u can get macaroni, milk, eggs, cheese, hot dogs, tortillas, fruit etc... have done it and it has lasted me. Also, get foods that can go far... dry beans, rice, macaroni or spaghetti and spaghetti sauce...some times u just have to get creative.
    Anonymous

• i hate those days!!!! but we keep moving on and fighting and wiping anythign together..when we come to that situation we get tuna hamber helper if you have and type of left over food in the house you can wip up a stirfry or i just put a bunch stuff on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven ...like chicken nuggets fries etcc....tyson stuff
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Pizza pockets, lol. A can or two of tomato sauce cooked up with a thinly sliced onion and some pizza seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. I have a sandwich maker I use for them, but you could just do them like you would grilled cheese.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• SOUP, the kind where I find what is in my cabinets and put things in it, lol! Dry/canned beans, veggies, potatoes, onions. Actually, I make a mean onion soup. If you have any eggs, whip one or two into the soup for protein. If you have flour, make some bread or fry it Native American/Middle Eastern style. Macaroni or ziti is good, too -- I love to make baked ziti, a box of ziti, some chicken broth or veggie stock, tomato sauce, spices, bit of cheese =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Pinto beans. You can make a big pot for not much at all.
    Jmcelroy

Answer by Jmcelroy at 3:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Spaghetti is a cheap good one. Ramen noodles mixed with ground beef and cream soup is pretty good. You can do tuna with linguine and cream soup. Shop at a dollar store and you can get a lot of canned or dry goods fairly cheap. Hot dogs are good for a quick fix too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• spaghetti...ramen noodles...grilled cheese...
    MommaCocoaButta

Answer by MommaCocoaButta at 3:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Breakfast food is very affordable. Bacon, eggs, grits, pancakes
    24hoursyoung

Answer by 24hoursyoung at 4:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• you can get a pizza,corndogs,pancakes,hot dogs,chicken nuggets you can pick any two of these and it will last 2 nights i have done it before.
    Anonymous