Steroid injections???

Went to the doc today and I have been having trouble with my shoulder and she said after doing a few tests that I need to have a steroid injection and what I want to knowis that when they do this is it painful and what does it feel like afterwards??? A little bit nervous about this!

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• It just like someone giving you a shot. Some people say they feel better after their shot. I just had an injection in my hip a few hours ago and my pain has decrease since then. There is nothing to worry about unless you are afraid of neddles lol.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The one thing about these cortisone (steroid) injections is you can only have a limited # of injection doses over a long time period. Steroids are not good for the body. There are side effects, so please educate yourself to those possible side effects before agreeing to the injection.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• They will have you in a room with an x ray machine bc they will be doing it by ink. Meaning that's how they will know where to inject the shot. I had mine done on my lower back/butt :) it didn't hurt getting the shot, felt like any other shot. However afterwards, it made my problem even worse.... Also, not to scare you, but more to prepare you, I was In the waiting room and heard an old gentleman almost crying while he was getting his done. He was getting his along his spine.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I've heard that, initially, the joint BURNS, but then it feels great until the steroid wears off.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011