Multiple baby showers?

Do you think that multiple baby showers are ok, or tacky? I did not have a real baby shower with my first son, I threw my own baby shower for my second, and I have been wondering if I should have another baby shower for this baby?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 8:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My son from my previous marriage is 8 years old and was a winter baby. I am now pregnant with another son (with my current hubby and his first child) and he will be a summer baby. Plus with the divorce and over the years I've lost EVERYTHING I had when my son was a baby. My friend offered to throw me a babyshower and I am VERY grateful!! I see no problem with a 2nd babyshower:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think it's asking a little too much from the people around you. I say if you want to get together to celebrate after having your baby, and having that gifts are optional, that'd be a better option.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think it's tacky to throw your own shower, no matter which # baby it is.
    Anonymous

• I dont think they are tacky, especially if you have different gendered children. I guess it really just depends on the person.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 8:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Of course! each kid deserves a shower even if you dont ask for gift. to celebrate the up coming birth.
    ALEXANDRAGN

Answer by ALEXANDRAGN at 8:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No, each new baby needs new things. I say go for it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No I dont think its tacky at all. you cant recycle everything. even if you have a "pamper party" where your guests just bring you different size diapers and wipes it would be a big help to you. besides you need a moment to celebrate your new little one.
    RishawnsMom

Answer by RishawnsMom at 9:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• EVERY baby should have a party! I wish I could have had one for each child. But since I didn't have one for my second, I feel weird having one for my third.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• that is what I will be doing with this one, since I did not have one with my DD
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I only thought it appropriate to have an actual baby shower with your first child. For subsequent children I like the idea of a "Meet the Baby" after birth, so it can be a real "birthday" party...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011