Anyone else with a teething baby? Suggestions?

He is a lil over 4 mnth and is starting to teeth and he is just miserable!

ALEXANDRAGN

Asked by ALEXANDRAGN at 9:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby oral gel
    Cold wash cloth to chew on
    teething toys
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I give him orajel but it doesnt seem to help alot and he doesnt quite know what to do with the teething ring. I am goin to try a cold wash cloth tho. I feel so bad for him screeming his head off and nothing calms him down :(
    ALEXANDRAGN

Comment by ALEXANDRAGN (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I use Hylands natural teething tablets and Tylenol, it works for my 16 month old. You can find the tablets at kroger
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• try some baby' Tylenol
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have tylenol but havent given him any for teethin i gave him a cool cloth with an ice cube wrapped in it which seemed to help some but i think i will try some tylenol too i hate giving him anything if i dont have to but the poor thing is miserable
    Thank You
    ALEXANDRAGN

Comment by ALEXANDRAGN (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Try to distract him with funny faces and noises. Laughing always helps a little. Though give him lots of love and tell him it's ok to be upset.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Find out how much Tylenol is safe for him at that age. Teething rings never did much for my kids either. The cool wash cloth is usually good for at least a little while.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hyland's if you can find it and an amber necklace. The only time my youngest had any teething pain was when we took her necklace off in the bathtub and forgot to put it back on for a few days. I so wish I would have had one with my older 3 kids.
    TJFBGMommy

Answer by TJFBGMommy at 9:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Oh and Hylands teething tablets worked great for my first baby. My second couldn't stand them but they are not much money and worth a try at least.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i gave him some kids advil just a minute ago i really hope helps. He will calm down a lil if i distract him but only briefly and i cant hold him all day haha as much as we both wish i could!
    ALEXANDRAGN

Comment by ALEXANDRAGN (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011