• In the Spotlight:

I have a wedding dress it's 20 yrs old & has never been cleaned. Any suggestions what I should do with it? It was once very beautiful heavily sequined and looked like Princess Diana's gown. Any ideas? I wouldn't want my daughter to wear it & I am sure she'd rather have her own plus it has some stains on it now.

Just would like to have any good ideas on how to recycle etc. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• if you have a baby in the family thats about to get baptized you can go have it made into a baptizim outfit
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If you still fit in it you can do a very fun thing called Trash The Dress. You don't actually have to trash it, but you can find a photographer who does artsy, avant garde photos of you alone or with whomever you want and they submit it to a website contest called trash the dress. The website is:
    www.trashthedress.com -- I did it and it was SO FUN. There are a few photos on my profile in fact.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Maybe donate it to a local theater group, or a high school acting club, or a day care where it can be cut up into nice dressup clothes for the children. I really like the idea of a christening gown for your grandchildren, what a treasure that would be!

Answer by Bmat at 4:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• your dd may have it altered, and that would be very special.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Get crafty with it. You can preserve it by framing some of the beading, have it made into something else. I was going to have my wedding gown made into a christening gown, but I'm having a boy and the pink and purple beading may not sit so well with his father :)
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 11:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Check out the new group called "Little Red Rose Weddings" I am trying to get it started and would like all ladies that are getting married or have been married for awhile and all in between. To help people with weddings, to have buddies to share and where you can buy and sell items.

Nanajoan
    Little Red Rose Weddings
    NanaJoan2007

Answer by NanaJoan2007 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Trash your dress that's what I am doing today!
    Destineyfischer

Answer by Destineyfischer at 12:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009