can u get the flu 3 times since christmas??

My bros girlfriend is claiming today to have the flu again. That's the 3rd time since christmas. Is this possible or is she hiding something...like a pregnancy?

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 9:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• Well, no, she can't have the flu virus 3 times in 3 weeks, but she could easily have it once and simply not given it enough time, rest or meds to get better... And of course, yes, she could just be using it as an excuse... But how would anyone online really know?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Most people who think they have the flu really don't. It's actually kind of rare. My Doctor hubby just enlightened me on this subject a few days ago. It's usually more pneumonia or common colds and viruses.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yeah I had the flu.. I am going to tell you! The flu has about a month recovery time. Your very weak and still confused for a good 3 weeks after. I am thinking she doesn't have the flu. Look up the flu, I had it once in 30 yrs and that was 1 yr ago. She is lying, pregnant maybe I can't answer that.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

r00j04j08

• Wow really i mean there are differnt types of flu virues but , has she been to the doc maybe she has mono it can make u feel sick for months
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No she hasn't been to the dr.
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Very unlikely. If she even had the flu. Most people think they have the flu and it is something else. The true flu is very rare. But if she did have it she may just not have given it time to fully go away and it could be worsening again.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011