The RH Incompatibility

I have to meet with my OB about the RH incompatability test and have done some reach, but there is alot of information and it is overwhelming. Has anyone else had exprience with this?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it's not that bad, if you are rh negative and dh is rh positive then you have to get a shot called rhogam and you and baby will be fine
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 9:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I had to have the rhogam shot with both of my pregnancies and both of my babies were born with + blood types so I had another shot after they were born.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's no biggie --just that your doctor needs to know if you were ever pregnant before (no matter what that might have been about) because if your body already had an opportunity to build the immunity to the rH factor, your immune system will kill an rH+ baby.

It doesn't happen to woman who are rH+ themselves, because they don't react to the factor in their babies blood, nor the absence of it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Ihave10kids hit the nail on the head

Don't freak out. I had my rhogam shot with 2 of my kids and not with the other 2. Everybodys just fine.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011