My son is 4 1/2 months and is not rolling over yet, is that normal?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes my daughter was 6 months.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My son is 4 month and a week and has rolled over a few times but not continiously yet so i would say its normal.
    ALEXANDRAGN

Answer by ALEXANDRAGN at 9:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sure, it sounds like it's normal for your son... Normal is subjective! What is "normal" for one kid could be slow or fast for another... If he is a year and not rolling, I would worry... But 4 1/2 months? No.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Usually babies can get from their tummy to their back around 3 months, but it can take up to 6 months of age before they can master from their back to their tummy. Obviously all children are different but if no rolling is happening by 6 months of age I'd mention something to the pediatrician. Tummy time will help strengthen the muscles needed for rolling over, and at 4.5 months I wouldn't be too concerned. Your child might learn to roll one direction, and then a few days later learn the other, while another child might learn one direction and then not another for a few months. Just expect them to be able to do some kind of rolling over by 6 months of age.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yep :) my dd started at 2mo but my ds dident till 7mo :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 10:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's normal, 2 of my 3 kids didn't roll over until about 5 months. My 3rd rolled over back to front first consistantly at 2 months old, they're all different.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son just turned 5 months Jan 11th and I was thinking the same thing. Then out of no where this past week he started rolling over. It literally changed overnight. Now I can't leave him for one second!
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 12:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i think my younger dd was 5-5.5 months before she did.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• On his six month birthday, we were playing on the floor and I got to thinking, hmm, he's never rolled over, I wonder if I should be worried? And literally, 5 minutes later, he rolled over. I think you have time before you start worrying :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my baby is 9.5 months and not doing it yet. My dr. isn't worried because he can sit up and reach stuff, so he could, but he just doesn't. I think he will soon though. He can go tummy to back, just not back to tummy. He also is almost crawling.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011