How do I potty train a 3 year old that knows how to?

He stays dry all night and when he's at nana and papas house but nowhere else. He was completely trained when he was 2. I just dont know what to do,

armywife0507

Asked by armywife0507 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• bring him every hour. if you know the signs, bring him when you see the signs. if it's been a while since he's went, bring him. bring him in a few minutes after he drank something. make sure he goes potty when he wakes up and before he goes to bed. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Try a reward system, like a sticker chart, or placing so many rocks in a jar. Every time he use's the potty like he's suppose to he gets a sticker, and so many stickers earns him a prize. With my son it was a goal of 10 stickers and it meant he got to buy a new matchbox car, but you don't have to buy objects, it could be a special movie night, a trip to the park, an abnormal special food item etc. When my son could earn 10 stickers easily in one day we started taking them away to, so when he went potty he earned 1 sticker, when he messed himself he lost 2. Depending where your son is at you could just reward, or introduce the concept of consequences, but usually positive reinforcement helps. GL!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My problem is I work full time and my schedul is all over the place. He spends time three different places. To me it just seems weird that he will stay dry all night and at my parents but almost no other time.
    armywife0507

Comment by armywife0507 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Maybe he only feels comfortable with you and the grandparents to use the bathroom.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2011