Just Curious...Special K Challenge Diet...

I have seen many of you post that you have tried the Special K Diet but didn't succeed because you stayed hungry or something of the sort. I was just curious when the diet is as follows; how anyone could be hungry.
SPECIAL K CHALLENGE DIET RULES:
1) Replace 2 meals per day with your choice of the following Special K items: cereal, protein shake or protein meal bar
2) 2 Special K snacks per day, choose from: protein snack bars, cereal bars, fruit crisps, crackers, protein water mixes
3) 1 meal of your choice...make it healthy
4) Fruit and veggies as snacks: Enjoy as many as you want throughout the day. ***When you can eat these things as much as you want all day long; how could anyone be hungry??
5) Drink beverages as you normally do

Diet info from http://specialk.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I did it about 4 years ago....LOVED it, I lost 16 lbs.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I could never do it because I could eat Special K but I don't really like it. That could be a problem for people who have tried it too.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• @PANZONSMOM you lost 16 pounds In the 2 weeks?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I did the special K diet and it worked for me I just munched on lots of veggies fruit through out the day
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i lso just started itandits going good so far. i hope to lose some what ever i do is fine.
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 10:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I never found Special K to be filling. I'd starve if I did this. Plus, these fad diets tend to slow yoir metabolism down. Making healthy choices and eating small frequent meals within CORRECT portion guidelines works much better, IMO. I've lost 42 lbs so far this way.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I wouldnt be able to do this because cereal would never satisfy me
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Because you're supposed to eat well balanced meals. Special K is NOT a well balanced meal....and replacing two out of 3 meals a day with Special K (3/4 a cup is a serving...which is NOTHING) isn't HEALTHY.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If you replace 2 meals w/ special K- you are not going to be filled an thus will be required to ACTUALLY replace your meal w/ special K AND fruits or veggies. If you actually followed it, yes you would be hungry until you filled up on a 'snack'.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son did this and loved it. He will still do it to this day after the holidays or vacation.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011