What are you doing to find relief from cronic pain of Fibromyalgia?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 10:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• I've tried the standard things, lyrica, neurontin, etc..... I find that walking and stretching and lots of caffeine (over 1000mg a day) looses and energizes me. I do rely on muscle relaxers sometimes when the pain is too hardcore (zanaflex usually, sometimes flexeril)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Great help. Funny though, I was told I'd have to quit caffeine because it makes it worse.
    WalknWithGod

Comment by WalknWithGod (original poster) at 4:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I've been told the same thing, many times. It almost certainly makes my headaches worse. However other than the pain from fibro the worst part for me is the stiffness and sluggishness. ... One morning though while waiting for coffee I though "omg I am so sick of having to wait for my caffeine kick to actually kick in, there must be a fast way...." and I discovered No-Doz. Faster, more efficient. Gives me a few bursts of energy to keep up with my kids, push through the pain.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011