Where is the oddest place your child has had stitches??

I got the dreaded phone call from the school today telling my my child is injured and needs stitches (thank God it wasn't life threatening) But she had injured her hand in P.E. on the basketball cage (a cage that holds the basket balls) and had to have 4 stitches between her pinkie and ring finger. That has got to be the oddest place to get stitches. Anyone have a story to tell?

luvmygrlz

Asked by luvmygrlz at 10:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My middle child is the only one of my kids to get stiches, he has gotten them on the tip of his penis, he has to have surgery there and they were disolving ones, he also had 2 in his forehead from falling on the ice at and ice skating rink. He hit his head and the ice cut his fore head and he need 3 stiches there as well.
    Anonymous

• Knock on wood, my son has not had any stitches yet. He is 14 1/2 yrs old too!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Not weird really, but my son had surgery on his head at 4 months so he got stiches in two different places on his head then. Then when he was about 15 months he fell and bit through his lip and had to get stitches on the inside of his lip.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thankfully none of mine have ever had stitches. Anywhere on the hand seems normal to me. The only thing I can think of is a friend of mine who's son was bit by a dog on his ear. The dog almost bit his ear off and he had to have plastic surgery and tons of stitches to repair it. The dog was going for his face but thankfully he turned his head fast enough that it grabbed his ear instead.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We haven't had any stitches yet. I have 5 kids (10, 9, 8, 4 and 6 months) and have never had an injury serious enough for that. We've come close a few times. My 8yo stepped on a piece of glass in our front yard when she was 6 but it ended up not needing stitches.
    My son (the now 9yo) sliced his ear open when he was 7 and I was sure it would need stitches but we put some neosporin on it and gauze (didn't have the $100 for the ER and urgent care was closed) and it healed just fine. There isn't even a scar. That was probably the weirdest place we've almost needed stitches.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011