STAY AT HOME MOM....MONEY?

I am forced to be a stay at home mother due to the economy and other unfortunate circumstances. My question is this, Is there some other way i can help my family make ends meet financially? We are struggling deeply and cannot afford the home we are currently in. So if anyone has any ideas of what one could do to bring in some form of income no matter how big or how small that would be doing a great service!

simonsmama2022

Asked by simonsmama2022 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• babysitting/daycare in your home
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• mary kay or avon
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree with in home daycare. ive done at home day care and avon and honestly avon is not much of an income. No offence to whoever does avon!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Could you do something on the weekends or in the evenings? Clean a home once a week? Teach a piano lesson? Deliver pizzas? Sew on a button? Could you deliver newspapers?

You can also work on cutting expenses: Make food from scratch, sell a car that has a payment, look for coupons online, cut back on the utilities.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I work from home with Internet CEO Moms. This team has allowed me to earn an income and take care of my family. It's truely been a dream come true. We don't have to have parties or keep inventory! The training it totally free and the support is great!

Hannah Mayr
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    http://internetceomoms.com/lovingeveryminute
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 12:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I sell on ebay....when I list consistantly I do roughly $120-$150 a week in profit....some weeks I do less because i'm just too busy to list items. But I get the bulk of my inventory from Thrift shops and yard sales. I sell mostly used kids clothing, but other things as well. When I do list an average of 15-20 things a week I spend maybe 6-10 hours total working that week.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• There are tons of options for work at home jobs, I have a few good ones listed (nothing to buy, all free stuff), Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Can you write? You could do some freelance writing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2011