what is your opinion on taking sick kids to play dates?

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 10:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• not a good idea they should stay home.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It really depends on the friend and where the date is taking place. I tend to not take my kids out with the littlest stuffy nose and they do not get sick often. If I have a friend that does not care and it is at theirs or my house then we go for it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• to be honest i get pissed when people bring thier sick kids anywhere. Even school come on if ur kis has an uncontrolled cough and boogers pouring down thier face they r sick keep them home till they are better. We all know kids dont always cover thier coughs and tend to put fingers in thier mouth nose and eyes .. So no sick kids, plus if someone has a baby big no no. U can always reschduele playdates
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• In general, I don't take mine. If it is with a really close friend, I will call, let them know what is going on and let them make the call.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I say its a no no. I dont want to take my duaghter when she is sick, and I dont want her playing with sick kids because she always catches it.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's friendlier to keep your germs to yourself.

Plus, you never know if there is a child in the play group who has a serious medical condition that the family doesn't share about. Some kids may have a compromised immune system and a little cold is a big deal for them.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't appreciate it when people do this to me so I don't play when my kids are sick.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think it's wrong. When a kid's sick they need to be home relaxing and using their energy to get better. Plus it's not fair to the other families to be spreading the wealth of germs. There's always another time that kids can play.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• call and let the other parent(s) know and most likely not go. There are some people that I'm really close to and there are times I or she may say... its okay anyways this time b/c we're already sick too etc.
    Not REALLY sick... but sniffles etc. Play dates are not a gotta go... unlike school.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't thin iit should happen ever. Period. If my child is sick, i have the common courtesy to not take her out and get other people, especially their and my friends sick. And they do the same. Even if its an hour before a scheduled playdate, if one of us thinks they might be coming done with something, we call and reschedule.
    It's like asking if I actually WANT my child to get sick, or spread their sickness... Um no. And i appreciate when other show me the same courtesy.
    Having a sick kid is no fun for anyone, and i would rather reschedule something, than risk my Childs health and happiness.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011