sleeping

Ok, I read a book last night that taught you how train your child how to sleep 12 hours at night.. yeah right my son will NEVER sleep that long, but theidea of slowly adjusting his eating and sleeping schedule to eliminate the 3 night time wake ups, would be wonderful. So my ? is how do I slowly to get my son to eat more inthe day and less at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You would want to feed him more right before he goes to sleep. Like put a little rice cereal in the bottle with his formula before he goes to bed. It will keep him full longer, thus sleeping longer.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• There's a book called "Babywise" that has some good tips on helping your child learn to sleep through the night.

We were also told that when they are old enough, adding a little bit of baby cereal to their bottle can make it "stick" a little longer.

A lot of times, though, if you get your little one's day schedule going, baby will adjust themselves to a longer night.

It's also o.k. to let the little one cry for a couple of minutes when they first wake at night. A lot of times, they'll go back to sleep and you can help them stretch the nights as they get going.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• How old is your son? It's normal for babies to wake up during the night to eat.. Just be patient. My son sleeps through the night and has been since he's been 9 months old.
    hm61686

Answer by hm61686 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My 3 month old starting sleeping through the night when the time changed. Not only is she sleeping but she goes to sleep usually by 8:30 and sleeps about 12 hours. I always feed her right before bed. Even if she ate an hour ago, I like to think of capping her off.
    IheaRtCaMer0N

Answer by IheaRtCaMer0N at 4:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I agree with iheartcameron.. my son has been sleeping through the night since about 7 weeks, for starters my DR told me at his one month check up to put cereal in his bottle, to help with his reflux and he said it would help him sleep, it took a week or so for adjustments but by 7 weeks he was sleeping through the night. I also offer him a bottle right before bed even if he only drinks an ounce or two, it does "top him off" lol
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008