How do you deal when overstressed?

I'm talking, on a day, when everything is going wrong or seems to be going wrong. (Which is pretty much everyday, in my house. lol. sigh. wish I was kidding) Baby is crying unless she's being held or given undivided attention. Toddler is screaming and bugging and throwing tantrums. Both are taking turns filling poopy diapers. Older kids are yelling and arguing and slamming doors, stomping, tattling, etc. Oldest child is getting attitude, 2nd oldest and toddler are running around screaming and tearing the house apart, all in the name of a "fun" game, until of course someone gets hurt. (And someone always does) Then there is checking for broken bones, kisses and consoling. The house is a mess even though it was just cleaned 1/2 hour ago. Dishes are piled up, even though they have been done 2 times already. Laundry is piled up even though you've done 2 loads a day for a week. Baby is still crying after only a 20 min. nap. And hubby worked all week in the evening, slept until he had to get up and going, and is now planted in the lazy boy ablivious to the caos that has become an everyday thing for you. Don't feel like fighting with him, but truly wanna pull hair out, beat head against a wall, run the car over yourself a few times, or take a unscheduled vay k anywhere, where no one knows you. On one of those kind of days, or weeks, or years..........how do you deal? Anyone????

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 11:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• OMG our job as moms is not easy. I feel for you. It is a job that just keeps going. I look forward to going to bed, which I should be sleeping right now.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yep, isn't it great, lol.  This is the life I wanted so I remind myself of that often, lol.  I kick my feet up, let the chaos happen around me and smile because I wouldn't actually want it any other way. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• One of my neighbors had her 3 children all very close in age and she is pregnant again. She says that she just never gets in a hurry for anything and that helps her a lot.

Get a sling or a wrap and tie the infant to you. That's one thing solved.

Have you asked your husband for a night "off" so you can maybe go sit and read a book for an hour at a coffee shop? Sometimes you really just need 1 freaking hour!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011