is your toddler naturally hot?

my 14mo loves the cold!! i had to cut and hem all his long selve jammies. other wise he sweats up a storm! i had him running around the other day it was about 50ish and he just had pants, shoes short sleve shirt and a light jaket on, i was freezing my buns off and he was sweating!!

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 5 y/o is. She has to get up in the middle of the night to get water (had to do this her whole life) because she sweats so much that she gets dehydrated.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My son is a vey hot toddler..i dont know why but i try to keep him bundled and he strips lol
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• He's not that hot but yes he starts sweating & all his bedding gets wet due to his sweat when our heater is on, I on the other hand literally shiver at that temperature.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my ds is just like A11's i have to put on more layers and less on him lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Mine will burn up right before he goes to sleep. That's how sometimes I can tell that he's tired-- he feels warm!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yea my 3 yr old is that way i can be freezing and she will be sweating. when she is sick she is so hot so i asked the doctor about it and she told me its how they build their immune system,, nothing to big to worry about..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 1:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my 2 yr old is that way, she seems fine without a coat when I'm freezing, and she wakes up so sweaty her hair is soaked...meanwhile I've been shivering under 3 blankets, lol!
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 3:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My ds is the same way. All day long he will run around with only pants or shorts, it drives me crazy because we keep it cool in the house. However, at night, he has to covered with a big blanket. If not, he will wake up freezing. Go figure.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my little girl is like that
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011