Can Anyone give me any recommendations for...

Books or even online articles of how to get your baby to sleep in their crib. I have tried everything and am at a loss for what to do. I have heard of different sleeping "tricks" but had no luck in finding them.. Any help would be appreciated!

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your baby? Mine was 9 months old when I moved him to his crib from our bed. By then, he knew that me being gone didn't mean I fell off the face of the earth, and he understood a little of cause and effect.

I used the advise of the moms that I work with. I made a big deal of him sleeping in his crib and acted really excited for him. Then, over a 5 day period, I transitioned him in there. I put his favorite toys in there and let him play by himself while I put the laundry away or tidied up the nursery. Then at night, I put him in there and lay down next to him with a night light on. He could see me laying next to him, and he would reach out to touch me, but he stayed in his crib.

The first night he got so upset he threw up all over the place. I had to change his sheets and shampoo the carpet. It took about 2 hours for him to get to sleep. The second night, about 1 hour. Third, 1 hour, 4th, 30 min.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well, i dont have books or anything but i did the cry it out method...i was exhausted and sleep depraved by the end but in the end (a week or two) he slept in his crib all night. I didnt let him cry all night long though. I would let him cry for 5 minutes, not talk, not make eye contact, just replace his binkie, cover him up and walk out. He saw me so he knew i was there...then after a few days of that, 15 minutes, after that 20 minutes, and so on and so forth. He did fine and isnt tramatized lol.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have no idea, especially if you have tried everything already. I have three kids, my middle child refused to sleep in the crib. He would not fall asleep in it, and he is too much of an emotional child for crying it out (which I think it works for some babies, just not all). He would fall asleep in his swing and I would try to move him but as soon as his body would touch the mattress he would wake up. I tried putting a blanket down thinking the bed was too cold, didn't matter. Anyway, he slept in his swing until he was 18 months old. Luckily he is tiny and our swing is one of the cradle types. At 18 months I put him in a toddler bed. He is now 3 and has just started in the past two weeks to sleep all night long! My other two children on the other hand are excellent sleepers, thank goodness!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• We co-slept until she wanted to sleep alone

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No pun intended, but baby steps! I did this about a month ago with mine. She is now 4 months old. I installed blackout curtains,turned on the white noise machine, and actually put the whole bassinett in her crib one night, then I used to put the little body positioner around her hips so she could feel secure. I also swaddled her until she was about 3 1/2 mo as well. Slowly I would let her try and take naps in there to get acclimated to her new area.
    hdsears

Answer by hdsears at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011