What do you save money on and recycle at the same time?

I save money on all kinds of things like reusing plastic grocery bags as trash bags, freezer storage bags and for picking up dog poop. Here the link to some of the other ways I save money. http://hubpages.com/hub/Stop-Wasting-Money-And-Recycle-At-The-Same-Time

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 11:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• There are some great ideas on that website.  Thanks for sharing.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I reuse grocery bags as trash bags too.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Cans, plastics, bottles, bags all recycled for $$$$

Where we live, the recycle (for pick up) bin is 3Xs the size of the garbage can. In addition, there is a green can for clippings, rinds, peels etc...
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I "recycle" our food scraps into compost, which saves me lots of money in the garden. We recycle aluminium, stainless steel, cast iron & copper for cash, which makes me money. We don't reuse plastic grocery bags because we have canvas grocery bags & don't bother with the plastics (I've had the same canvas bags for 20 years). Same for lunch bags, we have reuseable lined cloth ones. I save money by not buying the disposable stuff in the first place.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We resuse our plastic walmart bags as trashbags for the small cans. The only thing we can recycle in our area that pays is cans so we save those. Everything else, we have to pay them to take. We compost food scraps and I try to buy things with as little packaging as possible.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2011