Do you have any oddball rituals in your home?

Like, we won't buy or eat ground beef, the little boy that i nannied for almost died from E coli poisoning, and i'm so freaked out by it that ground beef isn't allowed in the house. And i try not to keep aluminum foil or "round" light bulbs in my home, i'm a recovering drug addict, i've been clean for almost 7 years now, but i don't like seeing those item, it makes me think of drugs and i'd rather them be completely out of mind.
And my sister refuses to go to bed with any dishes in the sink, she won't even leave 1. She can't sleep if there's a dish in the sink. What's your weird quirks?

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 11:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My sister is weird about someone brushing by her. Touch has to be even to both sides of her. So, if touched on her left hand she must also be touched on her right hand.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The only thing I think would be considered weird is I have to close my closet doors completely before bed. I guess it was a kid thing...Monster's in the closet lol. Either I didn't want to see what was inside or it was out of sight out of mind, so the closet had to be closed...even if it was just a crack in the door...it had to be pushed all the way to the door frame lol. It just continued with me.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• First off, I commend you for being clean for so long.  It's a rough journey isn't it!  :)  Second, I don't think I am weird for this but my sister and my hubby laugh at me for it.  My cabinets have to be organized.  This could be a counter top, the sink in the bathroom, etc.  Everything needs to be a certain way or I have to fix it right then, lol.  My cans all face in the right direction.  And I like for things to be even, lol! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i always have to have a glass water by my bed before i fall asleep and also the dresser drawers HAVE to be closed!! or I won't fall asleep, even if i don't know they're opened, I can sense it lol the closet doors don't bug me because the house i grew up in didn't have closets, so my dad built them in himself, but never put doors on them. and i guess all doors upstairs have to be shut before we all leave and everything has to be picked up so the dogs can't chew on anything that will kill them. i can't think of anything else.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I am very anal about a lot of stuff. My kids get nagged so much about all the stupid things but they never change. I just want to live in a clean house. I feel really guilty if I don't recycle, I'm a bit scared of the dark, i have to wipe my feet off before i put my legs in bed...CANNOT stand a dog licking anyone anywhere. EEEEAWAAAWWWW!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree with the dishes in the sink thing - I don't start the last load in the dishwasher until I'm going to bed and that way everything is in it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2011