Did getting LASIK hurt?

How long did it take for your eyes to heal afterward?

3Beautiful_Bugs

Asked by 3Beautiful_Bugs at 11:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• No, they give you stuff to numb your eyes before you go in. I also was given valium to calm me because I was coughing w/my asthma bec I was nervous. The only hard part was your eyes are open and you can see them coming toward you. It scares you a little, but it's all painless but worth it. After if your eyes hurt like mine did from blinking too much I just didn't blink a lot and the next day I didn't even know they were done. Hope this didn't scare you, but helped a little.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know a lady who had it done, she now has problems with sensitivity...we worked indoors, but she would have to wear sunglasses when the sun shone thru the windows the strongest. She still has some problems seeing in the dark, she tries not to drive at night because of it. she never mentioned it being painful
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 3:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, it doesn't hurt. Mine burned for a bit the day I had it done, and they felt dry and scratchy for several days. I had bladeless LASIK, so the sensitivity to light, and the night time "halo" effect only lasted a couple of weeks. It can last 6 months or more if LASIK is done with a blade.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011