what would you do if your 15 year old daughter told you she was pregnant?

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 11:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• i know its not going to be the most popular answer, but, I would ask her to seriously consider abortion
    Anonymous

• I would be disappointed and upset but we would deal with it.  What would I do?  Wish that she wasn't pregnant so that I could kick her ass.  I would give myself 48 hours to cry and grieve and then I'd get over it, make a game plan, and get on with life as positively as I could.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know she would seriously considered an abortion and I would fully support her.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yell scream cry hig and get ready for baby!!!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• *hug
    Heidikans

• I guess I would tell her that it looks like she is going to be a mommy and we will help her where we can. Oh, and it looks like you will be growing up faster than most teenagers but if you feel too overwhelmed adopting out is also another option and we would like to keep him or her in the family so please consider us if that is what you decide.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Same as boy, laugh, ask if she's serious, cry, and then call her father lol! I have 2 girls, I DONT WANT TO IMAGINE THIS!!!!!!!! aaahhhhhhhh yikes! I would support boy and/or girl both! Children are a blessing and would NEVER consider abortion an option, adoption, yes and keeping it most certainly. I was a teen mom, so how could I not support my own child?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd be supportive with either decision she makes. I'd want to talk to the boys parents to make sure he'll own up to it...if anything else, put his name on the birth certificate so if he chooses to leave...child support will come in handy. I'd help with what I can, but in the end, she'd have to get on her feet and do the responsible thing to take care of herself and/or child...and school. I'd be supportive.

My girls are at the curious age already and play with their baby dolls. I'm still building up to those conversations though I have some time to drag it out. Hopefully we've taught our kids right from wrong.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If I had a girl I would do just about the same with her as with my boys. I want to meet and have the info, address/phone number, of any boy she would date, at least until she goes to collage. So, if she came home and told me that, first thing I would do is talk to her about keeping the child, pros and cons. Then, I'ld call him, ask him if he told his parents yet, let him know that we're going to do everything legally. Then, if he had already talked to his parents I would tell them what I told him. And if my daughter is not already working she will be at that point. My daughter will take care of her responsibilities even if I help. Although, I do hope that this doesn't happen and all of my children will be prepared and "warned" before hand of what will happen.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Make an appointment at planned parenthood.

While what to do would be her choice, I could never be supportive of her decision to throw away her future, and financially, she would be on her own.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011