what would you do if your 15 year old son told you he got a girl pregnant?

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Since he wouldn't be the one pregnant I wouldn't just WISH that I could kick his ass, I'd actually be able to.  Then the same thing I answered on the girl version, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd probably laugh at first, ask him if he's serious, start crying, and then call his father LOL!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Kill him lol seriously though, I would tell him that it was time to man up and take responsibility for the baby if the mom decided to keep it. If he's old enough to be having sex, then he's old enough to deal with the repercussions.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• We will soon have a 15 yr old son, and for some reason I have been thinking about this very thing.... I think that we don't really know what we'll do until we're in the situation. We would be very disappointed and upset, but then deal with it. We have been very open with our son, talk to him about girls, the consequences etc. so we pray he has been listening. We also pray they (we have 3 boys) make good decisions, and have more respect for their bodies, and the girl they are with than that...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i would ask the girl for a paternity test, and i would tell him to get a job, finish hs, and go to college since cs is based on income
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would want to verify this conversation with the female's family first. It would be obvious if he even thought she was pregnant that they were having sex unprotected so not much can be done...what's done is done. I'd talk to the parents of the girl and try to see what we can contribute. I'd make sure my son owned up to his responsibilities and I guess because I'm a sappy person...I'd want to be in the "grandchild''s " life so I'd assist in what I can...even if that means kicking my son's butt to help him along.
    I'm hoping my boys will know better than to do this...will teach them what we can as they grow up.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Id tell him well, you were mature enough to have sex, you thought you were old enough to handle the responsibilty, your mature enough to be a dad and oh btw i have the classifieds right here for you. Your father and i are grandparents not this baby's parents so dont think of making us raise this child and go partying, we will help..oh but youll be there every step of the way. ...Then id probably kick his ass lol.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I hope that it doesn't happen this way for the sake of my boys and their children, it makes life more difficult, but I am already preparing for this just in case and my oldest is only four. When they are old enough I will tell them what will happen. I want to meet and have the info, address/phone number, of any girl they date, at least until they go to collage. So, if any of them come home and tell me that, first thing I would do is call her, ask her if she told her parents yet, let her know that if she makes the choice to keep the child I will make sure that my son will do his part, my grandchild will be taken care of, but I will make sure that she understands that it's her choice and everything will be done legally. Then, if she had already talked to her parents I would tell them what I told her. And if my son is not already working he will be at that point. My son's will take care of their responsibilities even if I help.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Burst into tears, whoop his butt, then call his father and lay into him.

Then when I was calm and rational again, I'd probably insist on a paternity test before I let my son accept any responsibility.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Have a good cry first and then confront his dad and ask him why he didn't make sure that my son had protection on him. My son is living with his dad right now and is 15. However, I raised him the first 13 yrs., gave him his first sex talk and have continued to be open to those discussions. He calls me to talk about everything, including sex. He knows all about protection,etc. and that I would be highly upset if he jumped the gun before he was ready and ended up getting someone pregnant. He wants to wait until he is with someone he genuinely cares about. I hope that he does & that they both take precautions. He knows he would have to step up to the plate and take responsibility if it was to happen & she chose to have & keep the child. I would also ask that a paternity test be done, as well.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011