What is the longest you have ever stayed on a diet?

I lasted 6 weeks on Prism. Felt great but didn't lose more than 5 pounds, and I was exersizing the whole time too.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Hmmm depending on the view of "diet." I was off of soda for 3 weeks and lost 10 lbs, but I bought fast food and got addicted to the soda again so weight loss on that didn't last.

I was going through severe drama a few months ago. Normally I'm a comfort eater, this time...was so busy, so active, that my weight loss consisted of losing 30 lbs in 3 months, but it wasn't an actual diet...and seems fat and happy always wins since I've already put 5 lbs back on. -Sigh-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well, I'm following the Eat Clean diet, which emphasizes that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. I've been loosely following it for over a year, and more strictly since September. I've lost 42 lbs so far. I'm also exercising 5 or so days a week, and I feel fantastic! I have a journal post with the basics if you look at my profile. Eating clean basically means eating foods that haven't been processed, eliminating processed sugar and refined carbs, and eating small frequent meals. I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially anyone with health conditions.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• About 45 days for a "diet."

I lost 30 pounds that time.

This time I just did a life style change...eating less, exercising, changing the TYPES of food I was eating, writing down everything I put into my mouth and learning to have CONTROL over my eating habits.

I've lost 51 pounds so far.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree with the others............lifestyle change is what it takes. Eating healthy, exercising regularly and working toward a long and healthy life.....more than just immediate weight loss!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't diet....for the simple reason that they're impossible to stay on. Instead, I implemented complete lifestyle changes.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My longest was about a month
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't diet- from others experiences I just haven't found it practical as almost everyone I know has one hellov a time actually staying ON a diet for very long. :/
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Diets are so rough. It seems like they help you to lose the weight and they get you on a path but the minute you stop the diet you go right back to square one and gain all the weight back. You truly need to change they way you eat and change it for good. You need to exercise and make a commitment to do this.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i'v never been on a diet, just make the choice to eat healthy all the time.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 2 months
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011