If your DH died would you ever date one of his best friends?

A friend of mines husband died about 2 years ago and she told me today that she started dating her husband's best friend..part of me think that it is REALLY wrong (just weird) but, another part of me thinks if the relationship works then at least their son is being raised my a man that her husband liked and trusted rather than some random guy...I don't know...just curious what you all thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• no, my husband's best friend married mine and after being with someone for 9 years i'd lstay single for a long time and NEVER remarry
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Part of me thinsk "who better than to take care of his wife than his bestfriend..the man he trusted and cared about..and who knows her"..and then apart of me is like "if I were her husband..i'd come back to life and kick his a$$*..theres no right or wrong answer..

If he loves and cares about her..then great..she has someone that SHE believes is a good match for her and that her husband would be happy to know that shes with and being taken care of..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think that the best marriages are founded on friendship. Passion is great, but friendship is about knowing how to resolve problems constructively and being able to forgive the faults of your partner. You can't just love someone-- you must like them, too.

While it seems like a betrayal on one level, I can understand that a mutual grief over a loss can bring two people closer together. I don't feel anything akin to what I feel for my husband for any of his friends, but I don't hate them either. I respect them and like them as people. I would think that is a better foundation for a relationship than most.

Besides, if I were to die, I'd want my husband to fall in love with someone who could care for him, love him, and cherish him as I do. Considering that I love my friends, and admire them in some way as people, I couldn't think of better women for my husband to take as a wife. Better than some bimbo!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• no, they are all married!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• who better than to take care of his wife than his bestfriend..the man he trusted and cared about..and who knows her

YEAH! thats what i was thinking...and my DH actually said that he agrees with that and thats why when his dad died he set his mom up with his dads close friend because that way he knew that it was someone his dad would have approved of...but seriously if I died and DH dated one of my friends i would come back and kill them both lol!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No. My husband has ewwy gross friends. They all have wives and I think their wives don't even have sex with them. I will say they are all good providers for their families and kind and smart. But my husband is such a hotty. I have to have a hotty.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Most of my hubby's friends are married, so that could get awkward. But seriously ... maybe. I like most of his friends (and some are pretty cute!) and am friends with them myself. I wouldn't rule it out just because they were his friend.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Eeeeeeew no! My husband's few friends are either married/in a common law, or like a brother to me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i think it is wrong i mean that was his best friend a person he told everthing to an to wait til he die an then start sleeping to gether that's just wrong put your self in his shoes if you died would you want him to date your bff. you wouldn't do it if he was alive then look at the kids they gone be thinkin why is daddy bff sleepin with mama that's just not right
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• oh an for her to be hidin it for so long she must feel a littlelike it's wrong to do
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011