What are you doing to live comfortably in this terribble economy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• i cant live comfortably...im always have anxiety. im always clippin coupons im always buyin generic food im always wondering were i can get a cash back rebate and im sick and tired of not being able to go to damn restaurant to eat at least once amonth. that would be wonderful
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• hear ya
    Anonymous

• you can't live comfortably these days i am just enjoying my children trying not to worry and waiting and hoping things will get better
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• continue to live as I do now. We own no credit cards, we save for we what we want/need and stick as much into our savings account as we can.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I started a home business to offset some of the financial difficulties. It's helping a lot.

There's also a lot to be said for really thinking through where you can creatively cut costs. There are just great ways to have a lot of fun and live on a "dime."

For instance, sometimes our family has "marathons" with games we've found at garage sales (or ebay). Play a game 20 times in a row to see who can improve their scores the most. Or start a hobby that you can find instructions for online for free (like sewing a blanket out of special t-shirts of different family members, dancing to different genres of music, or even finger painting).
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• do what i just did with me and my hubby make a one year plan and stick to it write down all the pyouts and payins in your life do the need then the wants then do the wants again review them if they cant be turned into a need then get reed of them asap then you will make it stick stick to the plan thats the only way that it will work.
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 2:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Every other weekend we are a party of seven. We rent movies play cards and board games. My kids do have outside activities soccor and Young Marines. It sucks but thank God all our bills are paid and we have food on the table.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I haven't been affected. Except positively since I can now fill up my car for $25 instead of $50. So I am auctually doing a little better financially. I have no credit cards, and money in savings for my rainy day fund. I'm ok.
    Anonymous

• I just try to spend as little as possible and God seems to come through for us every time with someone who gives us some hand me downs or someone who has extra food that they didn't want in their freezer. God is Good all the Time!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 4:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm not. Because of this economy I lost my job, he lost his job, can't get benefits (long story about the county I live in) and found out the car I bought prior to losing my job, was a stolen car, so I no longer have a vehicle. If it wasn't for my family we would be lost.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008