How to (and how often) clean baby's toy - wooden block, musical gates?

All my baby's toys pretty much end up in her mouth, and if not, she would have bite them or licked them. How do I clean or sanitize these toys - especially a set of 16 wooden blocks, her plastic musical gates. I tried dusting it and rubbing it with disinfectant wipes but it doesn't feel clean... or am I just being paranoid?

PeanutJordanMom

Asked by PeanutJordanMom at 2:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i actually read somewhere that wooden toys aren't recommended for children because the wood is pourous and hard to clean but i gues if you rubbed them down with some hot water and soap and then just rinsed them off really well everything would be okay and the gate you should probably use hot water and soap also because i know that disinfectant wipes don't kill all the germs. With babies i've learned during mytime as a nanny it's good to be a little paranoid.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 2:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• oh and your suppoused to clean them once a week.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 2:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• For me, the most important factor is using cleaning products that are non-toxic. I found a great online wholesale store that has great home products that are safer for baby and environment. It has set my mind at ease quite a bit - especially when it comes to items that kids stick in their mouths!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008