my hair is faded red and i want to go blonde but im not sure how is going to look..

so i color my hair about 2 months ago red and now its faded and i want to go blonde this time i bought the color already its L'OREAL PARIS FERIA VERY LIGHT BLONDE 110 COOLER but im a little bit scare how its going to come out my husband actually bought the color for me what do you guys think its going to come out like??

ps: when i color my hair red i used L'OREAL PARIS FERIA AUBURN 68 i think it came out very nice and red but a pain to keep the red fades really easily..

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Your hair is going to fall out. And it isn't going to work. Your hair will be orange. You can't color over color. You can't take a yellow marker and color on a red paper and have it show up as yellow. Go to a professional. I don't think you realize what you are about to do.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Feria has metallic salts in it, that tend to cause a reaction with other products. I've even seen it smoke when colored over or someone tries to remove the color.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• so i shouldn't color it blonde

Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I am a professional and it's not that simple. You can't just "go blonde". Especially if your hair has red in it. It's the most difficult color to remove. I think you should go see a professional. Those boxes are harsh.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I drastically change my hair color frequently and I have been every color but black. I have done pinks, purples reds teals blondes, everything. My advice, unless you want orange hair, bleach it first, then do a hot oil treatment before you color it. TIP- if you put a few pumps of a moisturizing shampoo in the bleach, it will keep it from drying your hair as bad. This is called a shampoo cap. also, nice and easy makes a kit that can lift you from dark brown to platinum blonde in one application.
    Good luck.
    tinksbabies

Answer by tinksbabies at 1:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Telling someone to pour bleach on their head, when you have NO CLUE what condition their hair is in, is extremly ignorant and foolish. Hot oil coats hair, it does nothing but put a brief bandaid on it. What you are describing is not a shampoo cap. And read the leaflet, Nice and Easy blonding kit says lifts a certain amount of color on VIRGIN hair, not colored hair.
    I spent 23,000 on my education, but what do I know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My natural color is blonde andbi dyed it red snd it faded so i dyed it back to my nstursl volor which is ash blonde snd it looked just fine...
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Pss.... I dyed the red myself.. Then 5 months later had a profesdional do it.. But i did more highlights dince my hair had washed to s real light red..
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It was a lot of work to get the red out of my hair when I went blond. Yes, some people can get away with it, but I see more that don't every day. If you don't know how damaged someones hair is, or what chemicals they have in their hair, and don't know the natural level of darkness they are, you really can't tell them it will be fine. Ever heard of a chemical haircut?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't attempt to do the color change yourself - you have no idea how it's going to turn out. Go to a salon, it's really the best thing to do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2011