ATTENTION !!! PLEASE READ!!

Im really really scare that it might happen cus im going through so much stress arguing with my husband all the time and it doesnt seem like its gonna get any better but how does a miscarriage start off cus all today ive been feeling cramps here and there in my lower stomach and all in my lower back the pain in my back doesnt seem to be getting any better i dont wanna lose my child it will be so hard on me and theres no way i can go to the ER right now cus my husband is asleep and i dont have my license so i cant drive so what can i do to calm down and stop worrying about it cus i know with all the stress im putting my child's life in danger not to mention im only 4 weeks pregnant i just really need some comfort and advice cus my husband is not supporting me at all not even trying to make me feel better we already have a daughter but i do not wanna lose this baby please moms talk to me :'(

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 2:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• – collapse
    It is no one's job to 'make' you feel better. Call an ambulance.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• You need to remind yourself how important it is for you to calm down and relax. That starts right now. Get off the computer and go lay down, do deep slow breathing to start to calm you down. This is really an important exercise for you to learn for now and for your whole pregnancy and beyond, Being a mom and a wife is not always easy. But if you can teach yourself to relax you will be doing yourself and your baby a huge favor. good luck mom

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If you have a miscarriage it's not from stress. There is no proof that stress causes miscarriage. Stress is part of life. Try finding healthier ways to deal with it. Back pain and cramps is acutally a very common ailment during pregnancy. Even if you are miscarrying there is nothing you can do. So go lay down and rest. Sleep it off. If you can't sleep, benadryl is safe to take while pregnant. I was on it the entire time due to insomnia.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Linda you are UNBELIEVABLE. I'm really not sure how you live with yourself.

OP....it's too early to do anything even if you would be having a miscarriage. Just relax and try to calm your mind. I'm not sure what else to tell you at this point. You're very early in your pregnancy and there's nothing you can do to change nature at this point (besides eating healthy and taking care of your body). Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sweetie... I'm so sorry to read this. I'm actually suffering a miscarriage as I type... I was suppose to be 5 weeks and 3 days:( My doc has been doing blood work on me every 2 days because I have a history with ectopic pregnancy and my blood work came back with my hcg level dropping since Friday so she told me that I would start spotting and I will miscarry. The spotting started about 2 hours ago. I also have a bad backache and cramps.
    You can call your doctor's office and have the on call doctor call you. From my experience, even when I was spotting they told me not to worry unless it turned bright red or if I was having sharp pain in my abdomen or shoulder. I just had to follow up with my doctor the next day.
    I'm sorry ***hugs***
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Drink some water, take some deep breaths, lay down on your side, and imagine something good and nice. I'm not sure what else you can do. I'm sorry that you're going through that. I hope you feel better soon.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Make sure you are drinking enough water. I had that problem with my son quiet a bit, and just relaxing and keeping hydrated calmed the cramping down.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• @ Bridget Linda you are UNBELIEVABLE. I'm really not sure how you live with yourself

I have to admit, I was thinking the same thing with some of the answers I have been seeing lately. Just plain downright mean.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• YOU could google soundscapes or sounds of nature , it is extremely relaxing and soothing music. hope you feel better. have some tea and take it easy. GL
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• cramping is pretty normal in beginning of pregnancy id only worry if its extreme pain and bleeding more than spotting which can asl ob normal
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2011