Dosage of amoxixilian for 3 yr old

I dont have insurence for my dsughter at the moment, andshe got me sick, i know i have a sinus infection. I have amoxivilian and cipro at my home snd im going to tske them, i know both are used to treat sinus infections. My question is can i split the pill into the right dose for my 3 yr old or does she have to tske the liquid version the dreould give her???????

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Kids' Health

• WHAT!!!! Cipro can cause tendon rupture!! Amox goes bad after awhile. Take the baby to a doctor, I don't care if you don't have insurance. Very poor choice. I don't have insurance, but I take my kids to the doctor when they are sick.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You don't even know if she has a sinus infection! Or an infection at all! I can't believe you would consider giving such a small child adult medication....wow
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• please do not give your child any prescription meds for her illness without doctor approval. if needed, get her some over the counter meds to help manage her symptoms. you can't be 100% sure what she has & giving her amox (an antibiotic) could just cause resistance in the future. if she needs meds that bad, then i think it's safe to assume it's worth the urgent care bill. or perhaps find a local free clinic. i hope you both feel better.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You don't know if your daughter has a bacterial infection, and needs the antibiotics. Don't be stupid.

Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Then contact your congressional representative and demand Universal Health Care coverage

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• if your worried about the rx cost, we usually get our amox from walmart for about $4. you should find your local health and human services office to see if your dd qualifes for any type of goverment offered insurance and apply for anything else you may need, the worse they can do is say no.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• DO NOT give your 3 yr old any part of your medication. You are NOT a doctor and cannot diagnois or prescribe meds for her. You could easily cause her to overdose and cause major health problems. Go to the doctor and get her checked out and get her PROPER meds for her age and weight. Then take the prescription to WALMART where you can get generics for $4 a prescription.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2011