Sleeping Arrangements

Ok so I have a crib, bassinet, and playpen for my unborn baby. I got all these as baby shower gifts and idk which to put him in or when! I've been told to use the bassinet during the night, put him in the crib for naps during the day, and the playpen for when he gets a bit older. Any suggestions/advice? Thanks! :o)

YaneLove

Asked by YaneLove at 2:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started out with the bassinet next to my bed at night and it did`nt work out so well with a husband who wanted to sleep. I moved my son into his crib at about 2 weeks old. I put him in there for naps and at night. I think it was a good idea because he`s been sleeping like a champ as soon as he hits that mattress since 4 months. Just try things out and see what works best for you...chances are baby won`t even know the difference.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had a the same 3 things for my dd and I wanted her to sleep in the bassinet until she was bigger but she didn't go for any of the 3. You can have a plan that you think it is air tight but, honestly, he will decide for you what works for him. I had to learn how to co-sleep and it saved my sanity. I'm not saying you will have to co-sleep.... my point is that your baby will chose what his is comfortable with. I'd try the 1st suggestion... bassinet by the bed and crib for naps. I'd do it until he sleeps through the night and then i'd switch to the crib all the time.
    btw, I only used the playpen on trips or if we had company say over with a baby.
    Best of luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my answer is the same as Mel in PHX. :) Good luck! :)
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i used the bbassinet with both my boys until thy were 3 months in my room then moved them to the crib.. i kept the playpen in my downstairs living room when i was downstairs and wanted to keep an eye on him
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• we did the bassanett by the bed, for when ever we were sleeping in the room at the same time so mostly night, the playpen i kept in the livingroom for naps throughtout the day and the crib was used at about 5 months on :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 8:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I used the bassinet for sleeping at night for a few weeks - I think being in a smaller space made them more comfortable. Then I would transition to the bassinet in the crib, and then just the crib. The playpen is a great place for them to play in or sleep in during they day. It's really good to get them used to it early b/c it makes it so much easier to clean if they will stay in it for a little while when older. I also liked mine sleeping in the playpen during the day when they were really little b/c then they were closer to where I spend most of my time - in the living room/kitchen.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My DD would only sleep in her swing for the first few months and then she moved to her crib. My DS (who is 3 months old) will not sleep in his bassinet or crib. He will only sleep in the bed with us. My DD didn't like the play pen at all and my DS is too little for one, but I still have it for when he gets older and maybe he will play in it. Just keep your options open and do whatever makes your baby comfortable.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2011