Anyone think some of this Teen Mom show isn't so "real"?

As a teen mom and many other teen moms I have known never did I see,

acrylic nails, getting hair extensions, foiled hair, pedicures, driving around in a new Volkswagen Beatle, living in a guest house for only $200 a month????Tons of time with my friends. No job. They seem to go out an awful lot too. Doesn't seem too real to me.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 3:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think its real why would they should it if it wasnt real its a reality show so it has to be real .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They actually get paid pretty well to be on that show, so yeah, i believe it.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• some reality shows I feel are coached a little offscreen to keep it dramatic and keep the interest. Other than that I think MOST reality shows are real enough. But some of those like Jersey Shore and the Housewife ones..not 100% sure about. I think they are mostly real with some coaching on the side.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I feel this is more real than say "Jersey Shore". You have to remember that in order to get a audience you have to have something to reel them in....fake or not I LOVE IT!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 6:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i do think they are real , i was a teen mom and i always had my hair and nails done and drove around in a decent car. And even though i didnt spend much time with friends , i still had my fun....thanks to my loving and supportive mother. And besides EVEN if they didnt have much money going in to the show , they get paid pretty damn good for every seasont. And yes , of course the directors have them "spruce" up their story a bit but thats with most reality shows , so keep their ratings. After all who would want to watch it if it was boring?
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• actually the teen moms I see around my town, always have nails, hair done, tons of gold jewelry. its all about priorities. They are probably on welfare ,getting wick , foodstamps and free healthcare so they can spend their own money as they please.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Like a previous poster said, the girls are paid, so I'm sure that's where a lot of that stuff is coming from.

But definately, any conversation in the show that starts with "So tell me the latest on .. " is definately staged.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• they all look like a bunch of kooks!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011