how on earth do you keep dark hardwood floors clean? it shows everything! :(

any suggestions on a product or something protective that would help so I don't have to clean it so often. it shows EVERYTHING - water, footprints, kiddies handprints dog prints. seriously drives me crazy.

Atypemom

Asked by Atypemom at 3:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• What kind of hardwood do you have and what kind of finish is on it? I have hardwood throughout most of the house and it doesn't show much at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm guessing it shows more because it's shiny or waxed. We had Pergo in our previous home and I hated it, I would clean it sevearl times a week with a very watered down Murphy's oil soap because everything else would streak it. Now we have real hardwood and I just use a dry swiffer on it daily and the wet jet once a week or so.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I sweep with a broom several times a day in each room. I mop every day because I love clean floors. I have the children wear socks most of the time to keep the prints at a minimum.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• vinegar and water

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2011