Cant sleep. been really sad lately

so ive been cryin alot lately. im 10 weeks and maybe its cuz my parents dont kno im preg yet, any advice on how i should tell them

ambie1992

Asked by ambie1992 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hi there, how old are you? It all depends, if you are an adult, if you have a job, if you earn your own money then you can simply tell them this is how the situation is and ask them for their help in this. If they refuse it or just don't agree with your decision, then you can simply do it on your own, although I do not think your parents will deprive you of their help and support. I am guessing the way you talk that you are keeping your baby. Whether you do it with your parents help or not, it will be hard. Just sit down with them and be honest about the whole situation and your decision - it is how it is now and you cannot change it, they have to realize that and either accept it or not. Best of luck to you, message me if you need someone to talk to.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Im 18 almost 19. you dont understand they r really religous and im not married so they r gonna be really mad.
    ambie1992

Comment by ambie1992 (original poster) at 3:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• its not the end of the world... its a beautiful baby! I'm on the opposite end... I can't sleep because I'm miscarrying my baby right now. Long story short... my doc told me this morning that my hcg levels have been declining since Friday and that I will miscarry. The spotting started a few hours ago and this is the second pregnancy i've lost in 6 months:(
    Your parents might be mad now but after you have your baby and you see him/her nothing else will matter. Babies are amazing and truly a gift from God. It might not be the situation you expected but a big CONGRATS is in order. You just need to tell them and worry about the rest later. You should tell them sooner than later because you should've had your first doctor visit at 8 weeks. Good luck and ((((HUGS))))!!!!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i am so sorry about your baby =( im just nervous is all. i kno my baby is a gift from god but its still hard i have always been a disaportment to them and i dont wanna be that again =( its hard to explain i guess
    ambie1992

Comment by ambie1992 (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It seems like the end of the world right now...but trust us, it is not.

I had strict parents, religious parents, I would have been terrified at your age too, to tell my mom that news. I can understand that you feel you will really let them down with the news. But truthfully, every mother keeps a plan in the back of her mind for this. It is a part of life, we moms know.

Your mom was 18 once, and your mom had a baby too. I think the last thing she would really want would be for you to go through this without her. Your mom wants to be there for you and the baby...especially if she is religious. So, sure, she will not be happy, neither will dad, that is a fact. But once they cool off, they will be so glad you could come to them and tell them. It will be a relief for you too, even though it will be hard...
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Be patient with them, ask them to forgive. Say that you came to them for advice and guidance and you want to do what is right for the baby. Remind them how hard it is to tell them this news. If possible take a family friend, or someone you trust with you for support.

If you haven't already, get a dr. appt. and be sure to get on the prenatal vitamins. You can do that and show your parents you are trying to handle this as responsibly as possible, for the baby's sake.

This is not the end of the world. There are far worse things in the world than a teen who is pregnant. You did not make a good choice, this is true, but it is not the worst thing to happen and remember that.

My friend was pregnant at 18. She had the baby boy and tried but could never get pregnant again. So you never know, a baby is a gift...regardless of timing. Don't take that for granted. My friend finished med. school and is a dr. now. Life will go on!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Why don't you start with a letter to your mom and be honest how you feel about not wanting to see the disappointment on there faces be strong they have 30 weeks to learn to accept the idea and you have 30 weeks to grow and get ready
    Mrs.carlton

Answer by Mrs.carlton at 4:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Trust me girl i am defiantly in your shoes. I am 20 years old and Korean American so great mother is Korean which is really strict in culture in just general and not to mention she is very into her faith. i am not married but trust me just lean on God and your mom and dad will eventually come around. depending on how your parents are i would debate whether calling or talking face to face. I decided to call as my mother is known to fly off the handle sometimes. but she is coming around and i am 14 weeks 2 days today :)
    newmom07142011

Answer by newmom07142011 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011