what would you give up

would you give up your best friend whose like family or your marriage because your husband hates your friend

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 3:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• you took a vow to one.. not the other. you can't have both? why does he hate your friend?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I chose my husband over my BFF. Well, she's still my BFF, but we don't really talk as much as we use to. She has her own life and I have mine. We're also on two opposite ends of the world so it kinda works out. We talk every now and again...yay facebook, but otherwise, I don't talk to her much so hubby wins. Then again, he's got a friend that I don't approve of. We are adults. We don't tell each other who we can and can't be friends with...though we can suggest it all we want lol.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• that is a hard one...I would have to say my friend b/c my husband is my family and my best friend...if he hates her, there must be a reason
    Candell31

Answer by Candell31 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think for me before I would give up my best friend I would talk to my DH and see why he doesn't like her. Yes I made a commitment when I got married and just because he doesn't like my best friend is no reason to leave, although if he is trying to control my life this much then maybe there are other problems. I guess I would need more information before i just say stay with my husband.

That is just me though. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You made a vow to your husband, to stay with him. I would hope that both my friend and husband would understand that I care for them both, and would hate to lose them. But if it was a must, sorry friend, I have to be true to my heart
    LoneStarMommaD

Answer by LoneStarMommaD at 5:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It depends on why he couldn't stand her. If they really clashed and she couldn't be polite or respectful towards him, then I would have to distance myself. But if he was like this with all of my friends and just didn't like the idea of me having a bond with anyone else, I would not.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sorry you took a vow death do us part....I think my DH would come before any BFF no matter how long I had known them! Good luck hun!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 6:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I guess I would have to ask my dh why he feels so negative towards my friend. Does she feel the same way towards him? Have they ever really had any time to get to know one another? I think my dh would not make me choose to let my bff go without a very good reason. My bff and I are still close but with family and obligations, our time is spent mostly talking on the phone, emails..etc. Not actual face to face time.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 6:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I this was a friend before the marriage, he shoulda brought up before now. If it was a friend who was that important to me, and there were other problems with the marriage, he'd have to go.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• First, I have to ask why does your husband hate your friend?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2011