After how much weight loss do you stock up on clothes?

I lost 30lbs in 3 months (drama, no work out or diet) and I had some old jeans in storage. 18s...at least 6 pairs. I had 7 pairs of 16s. Had 3 pairs of 14/15s from HS...then when I realized I lost the weight, I went out and purchased 12's...only 1 pair. Realizing I was still losing a bit of weight, I went out and purchased 2 pairs of size 8 jeans. ((Yay me, I've NEVER been an 8. Most I can remember was an 11 in 8th grade)).

I was told to get rid of all the larger jeans so i have no intention of becoming that big again...but I'm curious. When do you stock up on clothes? I'm an 8 right now...I could go smaller...I think. I still have maybe 20 lbs to go if I REALLY wanted to work towards a smaller frame. I want more than 2 pairs of jeans lol. But if I lose more weight, then the 8s will be in the get rid of pile...so when does it end? How many pairs is safe to get in the mean time?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 3:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It sucks being a woman! hahaha Every time I buy clothes I either lose weight, OR get pregnant. ehhh. Lucky for me, my mom gave me a bunch of 4 5 and 6 when I was pregnant, so when my baby came I didnt have to shop at all, lol. Ahh I love my momma, she always knows. :)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 4:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would buy more now. The last 10-20 lbs is the hardest to lose!! It may take you quite a bit more time to do it!! Not discouraging your, keep going girl! And good for you! I lost 30 lbs. last summer and went out and bought the new wardrobe after the 30, even though I still wanted to lose a little. Oddly, I only went down 1 size with the 30 lbs, lol, explain that one to me! But yeah...anyway, rambling there. I would say, get a couple more pair now! That way you have them and if you have to buy smaller later great! But at least you have what you need now!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 5:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I am in the same situation! I got rid of all my old "fat" clothes, and now I am stuck with 2 pairs of pants, and we are on a strict budget! Can't wait until I can get a darn wardrobe again!! I wouldn't suggest going out and buying all new clothes (as I did that when I thought I was done loosing weight at 40 lbs), but I am down 70 lbs and the clothes that I had bought do not fit anymore :<( So instead of buying "new" clothes go thrift shopping until you are at your desired weight!! Cheaper, and you can still get very nice clothes that are gently used! Congrats on the weight loss!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Only buy what you need until your weight loss stabilises, then buy new clothes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• get what you absolutely need and not want until you have lost your desired weight.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2011