Did your child affect your Marriage? If yes, How?

Asifa

Asked by Asifa at 4:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh yes. We literally had no time for eachother. First the newborn, now that she's a toddler, we still have no time and since my husband has a pretty tiring job, he comes home really tired, I am also tired from a day with the little one and we hardly make it. It's hard, some days really hard. We also have no family to babysit and no friends so we it has been a lonely journey. You just have to make the effort. :)
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 4:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Our entire lives, yes. Partly because of them and school, etc, we can't do alot of the fun travelling stuff I'm sure we'd be doing. Doesn't help the the kids are Special Needs. Yes we travel with the kids, too, but its different. We wouldn't be doing all the kid stuff, we'd be going on quiet relaxing trips.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not really, we had a 14 month old when we got married so we had to learn how to deal with each other and kids right away. By the time we were married 3 years we had 3 children. At times it has been hard, when we were first married DH worked over nights and I worled full time, took care of the kids at night and went to school. Once I started staying home it was easier and now I would say things are great. My kids are 14, 12, and 9 so they are older and we have lots of fun doing things together. Also DH and I made it a point to do things together and have date night. I think kids only affect your marriage if you let them.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, it was more my illness immediately before, during and after my pregnancy that did. I don't think he is capable of "forgiving" me for things I had no control over. Our son is a blessing, he is very good natured and laid back, for the most part. If he was higher-maintenance, I believe my husband would've emotionally abandoned the both of us a while ago. At this point, I'd rather be alone, but I do think I could share custody.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2011