Personal. . .constipated and in pain

ok. so for the last month ive been extremely constipated. Im over six months pregnant so i tried taking the over the counter medications allowed by my doctor. At first they worked fine. And now, a month later they still work but when i go to the bathroom i get a sharp shooting pain in my lower stomach that is so bad it keeps me from going to the bathroom. the medication even gives me diharreah but it still hurts to go when that happens. Sorry this is so detailed but i dont know what to do. im in so much pain. Am i overreacting? has this happened to any other pregnant women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was extremely constipated when i was pregnant and i took a laxative only after i asked the doc and it did work i didn't have your problem i would call the doctor back and explain to him or her what is going on
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008