Iam thinking about pulling my sixteen yearold out of a highschool that has recieved a failing grade three years in arow and iam looking at putting her in a school the offers highschool and college education.she wants to go to the school so that she can get the education that she needs we are going for the interveiw taday.is this the best move for my daughter

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldnt pull her out until you feel confident in the interview with the new school Just go from there. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My answer would depend on WHY she is failing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• layh41407 I was wondering the same thing. She is 16 and failed the last three years? So basically she has no credits to graduate highschool? Or, am I misunderstanding?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• at 16 she can legally drop out.

I'd think about the option of studying for the GED and taking that. GEDs are not a bad thing in today's world and get the kid done with the HS requirement so they can move on to whatever life holds for them next. Not everyone is cut out for school and classrooms.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You can try GED, but also she may need xtra help with a private tutor. Research and ask a school councelor what are your options before you make a drastic decision. Best of luck.
    cort6

Answer by cort6 at 7:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Actually, if I'm reading it correctly the high school that her daughter attends has had a failing grade for the last 3 years, not her daughter. I would get her into a good high school ASAP. Down here in my daughter's school district parents have the choice of sending their child to another school in their district if the school their child is attending is receiving an unacceptable rating. Go for it, it will more than help your child academically.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Whatever gets her the education she needs and wants is the best thing. Good luck with this!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think so.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011