I have a three year old and a mother would like for me to watch her 3 month old one day a week. How much should I charge her?

My daughter will be in school in the morning. So I would just watching him until she got out. I was thinking $100.00 a month but my husband thinks that is to little. This couple does not have alot of money, so I do not want to charge to much. I ususlly work Thursday mornings while my daughter is in school which I make $12.50 an hour for three hours plus I drive 30 min to and from work. So I have to factor in gas. I work for my dad so it is not like I would be losing a job because I already am there two days a week.

emmaly

Asked by emmaly at 2:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• $20-$30 per day
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• you should also factor in if she is supplying all food/formula, diapers, wipes.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 2:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would charge $20 a day.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 3:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• $100 a month for 1 day a week? That seems kind of a lot for a baby that is going to be sleeping most of the time..... I baby sit 8 hours a day 3 days a wk for $40 a week. But it's for my fiance's friend.But it really depends on your location, how many hours you have to watch her... But i definitely think $100 a month(for 4 days) for a 3 month old is way to much!
    hm61686

Answer by hm61686 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would sit down with her and try to come up with something that won't bankrupt her, but will also be able to help cover most of your losses. If that doesn't work you can figure it like this.. most child care places cost $30 a day. That's roughly $600 a month. Charge her half of what they would charge and that would seem far. If it's still an issue you can always refer her to social services. They help women get free child care for working mothers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Most in home daycare centers charge $20.00 per day and the really good ones will charge $500. to $600.00 per month you are charging to much are you going to be teaching this child anything any curriculm do you have a child development degreee? that's to much money anaways the mother should provide diapers,and formula the daycare centers provide fresh food.
    Anonymous

• don't charge her more than she can afford. besides, you're obviously not doing it for the $. if you wanted the $ you would keep going to work on that day. $20 per day sounds fair to me. and you'll really be helping out someone who needs you.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think $20 for the day is fair.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008