opening a business

I am wanting to turn my hobby into a business. I am scared, I know nothing about running a business. My dh isn't backing me either, so if I fail I will hear about it forever. I am just tired of being away from my kids all the time. Any words of encouragement or advice will be greatly apreciated!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think like me you are going to do it and when he says the negative stuff think about all of the success your going to have.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Contact your local small business association (some communities have groups specifically for women), and get information from them on how to run your business. They are a great resource! Best of luck to you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Start to get your business going while you are working. (I assume you work from your post) If it takes off you can cut back on your job. It isn't wise to just stop working to start a business. It takes time to get things going. All the added stress will be worth it if it works out. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The very first step is research and writing a good business plan (you can find books at the library that show how to write business plans). If it appears that you can afford it and that your products or service will sell, then go ahead and get a DBA and tax id number. If you need a loan try to secure that as well!

Good Luck!

My husband and I started a business 2 years ago and it does really well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's hard to do but you have to go into it with the right mindset or you will fail. You don't say what it is but good luck!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You can do it so long as it is something you really want to do. You need to have the passion and the drive. Also, remember, you'll work harder for yourself than you would any 9-5 job, but it's worth it in the end.

If you need some support, feel free to join my CM business networking and support group.  We'll gladly help you through the process.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011